
My husband it to fun. At his request we have a New Year's Eve party whenever possible. We've always had lots of hors d'œuvre and lots of spontaneous fun. My friend Karissa gave me decorations and fun things for the party so I felt excited to actually decorate and maybe even plan a few things. We let our older kids go play with their friends(thank you Amy) and we put the little ones down to bed. I did my best to decorate and had 10 'min to win it' games planned for 2010 and even had prizes. We spent the night eating Matt's killer homemade tamales and sides that everyone so generously brought-my fav was the veggie tray and 'best in the high desert salsa'. We didn't even start the games till after midnight and kids ended up calling before we ended. We had a really good time playing the games, we unrolled toilet paper rolls and balanced cookies on our heads. We stopped short when I went to pick up kids. I came back to everyone passing a ball around the room trying to keep it off the ground for as long as possible. It got named 'lava ball' The game went on until three in the morning and was more good clean fun than any grown adult should be allowed to have. I felt bad the Whittings had gone to get there kids and didn't get to play but I don't know if Kailey could have safely dove with her cute prego belly. So, although my games were fun and it was pretty funny watching everyone attempt them I've decided that we are much better at spontaneous- All we need is Matt's yummy food and childlike mind to have a good time. 
The girls at the table talking
and the boys in the kitchen gathered
around Matt's buffalo shrimp.
The girls at the table talking
and the boys in the kitchen gathered
around Matt's buffalo shrimp.

Happy New Years!
2 comments:
LOL! That seriously was the BEST New Year's Eve party EVER!!!!! Your games were AWESOME!!!! Lava ball was awesome too! You are such a good sport to let us play that in your house! You guys are the BEST!! We love you!!!!
I am so sad we missed such a great time and I absolutely love tamales. I really look forward to trying Matt's. I want a recipe!
Hugs.
Post a Comment